Thursday, August 23, 2012

Heavy.

I am feeling weighed down by things within me and around me this week,  thankful that no matter how I'm feeling I know that I have hope because God has a plan for me. I'm thankful for the people in my life who continue to show me this is true, no matter what. I can't help but smile when I think about certain folks and how they brighten my day. Lucky to have such amazing friends and family to cheer me and remind me what really matters! This post is just a few things I need to get off my chest.

Puzzled:Something has been on my mind lately with all the media buzz about certain issues in our society. What's  right or wrong is not what's important here or what puzzles me. What bothers me is the tremendous misuse of an opportunity to show God's love to others. Think about it, shouldn't we as Christians be recognizable by our love, joy, and compassion not by characteristics of judgment and hatred? Jesus gave us the command love your neighbor as yourself. When he said neighbor, he meant EVERYONE. Jesus came to save all people. There are no exceptions to his grace. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking anyone to condone or encourage things you don't agree with. It's just my hope that Christians will love people better no matter the circumstances, because that's being Christlike.

Painful Memories:

I stayed awake early Tuesday, recalling the events of just one year ago. During those early morning hours on August 21, 2011 my twin nieces were born still. I said hello and goodbye to the precious babies in the matter of only a few minutes but it's a memory I will hold onto for a lifetime. I'd never truly known such heartbreak until that moment. I'll never forget seeing their perfect little hands and feet.  Although we still grieve for the loss of our girls Zoe Catherine and Lily Grace, it's been a year of healing. God has been working in the lives of each of my family members.

Personally, for me it's been a year of ups and downs. It's been a year of letting go of anger towards God. I had to not only learn to trust him again but to follow where he was leading me. For the longest time it felt like my heart wouldn't begin to heal but God continued to hold me and bless me. Whenever I feel disappointed or fearful because I have no clue where I'm going, I can look back on this year and see examples of God's work within me and through me and trust that my future is in his hands.

Direction:
I'm not lost but I'm not certain where I'm going. Can you relate? All I know is the the heaviness of the load is bound to change. It will get lighter then heavier then maybe even heavier before lightening. All I know is I'm not alone in carrying it and I'm so thankful for that.

I promise a lighter fluffier post in the near future :)
-KP

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! This is Natausha Bushell and I am running a fundraiser to fund our New! Christian Animated Cartoon Series "The Tell-A-Tell Family, and one of our first episodes is about Bullying called "Saved from the bully" and we have started a "Say NO 2 Bullying" Campaign to raise more awareness about bullying, the movie, through the Tell-A-Tell Family. We were wondering if you would take the time to visit our fundraiser page and look at the videos and read the information to find out exactly what the Tell-A-Tell Family is all about and what we are trying to do in this production to see if you would like to contribute to this project.

    If you decide not to we Thank You sooo much you can join our newsletter, or like our facebook page, or follow us on twitter and we will send you some free Tell-A-Tell family downloadable content. If you like to share this content with your friends, family, or bloggers that would be a blessing.

    Thank You
    The Tell-A-Tell Family "Say NO 2 Bullying"
    Managers

    ReplyDelete